We are committed to ensuring that vulnerable people who use our services are not abused and that working practices minimise the risk of such abuse. The Staff and Trustees of The Calon LC”n Centre have a duty to identify abuse and report it.
Vulnerable adults are people who are over 18 years of age and are getting or may need help and services to live in the community. Vulnerable adults may be unable to take care of themselves and unable to protect themselves from harm or exploitation by other people.
Abuse can include:
- emotional abuse
Abuse can take place in any setting, public or private, and can be perpetuated by anyone.
Rights & Responsibilities
Responsibilities of The Calon LC”n Centre Trustees are:
- To ensure volunteers are aware of vulnerable adultbs need for protection
- To notify the appropriate agencies if abuse is identified or suspected
- To support and where possible secure the safety of individuals and ensure that all referrals to services have full information in relation to identified risk and vulnerability
- To Criminal Records Board (CRB) check volunteers that have access to or work with Vulnerable Adults
Responsibilities of The Calon LC”n Centre Staff &/or Volunteers:
- To be familiar with the vulnerable adult protection policy
- To take appropriate action in line with the policy of [Insert Organisations Name]
- To declare any existing or subsequent convictions.
Support for those who report abuse
All those making a complaint or allegation or expressing concern, whether they are staff &/or volunteers &/or service users &/or carers &/or members of the general public should be reassured that:
- They will be taken seriously
- Their comments will usually be treated confidentially, but their concerns may be shared with the appropriate authorities if they or others are at significant risk
The Vulnerable Adult has the right:
- To be made aware of this policy
- To have alleged incidents recognised and taken seriously
- To receive fair and respectful treatment throughout
- To be involved in any process as appropriate
- To receive information about the outcome