Mynyddbach Chapel, Tirdeunaw, Swansea SA5 7HT
01792 371441

Stained Glass

Stained Glass

Last summer we installed two beautiful stained-glass panels of St John and St Peter, these were originally in Philadelphia  chapel Morriston, The Philadelphia sadly closed some time ago, and the panels were kindly donated to Mynyddbach Chapel.

These panels were made in the world-famous Celtic studios and installed in 1935, they had been in storage for 15 years with the Swansea architectural glass department and they have found a forever home in the vestry. We have two more life sized panels Christ blessing the children and the good shepherd from the chapel that we are hoping to install in light boxes at the rear of the chapel in the coming months, if we can find the funding to cover the expense. The panels are of historical importance as they are good examples of the only major Welsh stained-glass studio of the 20th century, we are thrilled to have taken possession of these works of art and hope to be able to show them all off soon.

Translate »